Translate

Friday, July 13, 2012

Of Mice and Rats

It's been a long time, actually months only, since I watched PETA videos on YouTube. I may be subscribed to them and they may be very active in posting new videos but I never watched any ever since watching the one entitled "CruelTea"(My post on that topic is here). Can't stand watching animals get hurt. :(



I recently had the courage to watch the video "Who Cares About Mice and Rats". This video depicts the misfortune that have befallen on these animals under the cruel hands of laboratories.



It's sad that even these innocent animals are exploited. For what? For us to have cures for fatal diseases? For us to have safe quality products? For a brighter future for mankind? I don't think so. They may be pests, carriers of diseases, destroyers of crops but they too have feelings of hurt just like us.

You think that all this is just a hopeless struggle in saving them? That I cannot do anything in stopping these powerful companies from doing research on them? These may all be true but I know that I can help them through instigating you to be like me, an animal rights advocate. My efforts may be a baby step but I know that I have convinced you, yes you, to change your ways in treating animals.

I'm so sorry if I have been very emotional with this. Animals have been, are, and will be a part of my life. I know that there are only a few of us who truly care for them. We may be few in number, our voices may never be listened to or heard by the abusive ones. But our actions are the ones that can truly make a difference.

Repost if you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment