Translate

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Odd Singing Style

While listening to the radio hours ago, I can't help but adore Frank and Nancy Sinatra's version of "Something Stupid". It was so romantic and evocative. The song was originally written by Carson Parks and sung by him with his wife Gail Foote. (www.en.wikipedia.org , 2012). But I like Sinatra's version better.

so harmonious


I picked this video since it has lyrics with it. The songs of yesterday is incomparable. I feel nostalgic of the past when I listen to classic music. All I hear nowadays is crappy music. I'm not as old as what you think.

Going back to the song, yes it's soothing to listen. A little detail distracted me though. Nancy was singing in the low key and Frank otherwise, the original version was likewise. It's the woman who sings the high notes, sometimes in falsetto, and the guy having low notes. I'm just used to listening to this kind of singing style. In general it was a good combination of odd blending.

This kind of music is immeasurable and should be treasured and preserved for generations to come. Happy listening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment