Translate

Friday, July 27, 2012

Allison Harvard: Best Runner-Up

I've been watching America's Next Top Model (ANTM) from Cycle 1 to 18. I even downloaded all those Cycles for me to re-watch whenever I want to. Am also looking forward to Cycle 19, airing on August 24, 2012. 

One of my favorite contestants in this reality show is Allison Harvard a.k.a. Creepy Chan, painter and photographer. She is quirky but has this factor that makes her standout. It might be her piercing eyes. I even named my deceased Guinea Pig after her. Their eyes are so alike.

look at those creepy eyes



I've watched her improve from day one to finale. She was a late bloomer. It was towards the end that she impressed the judges. Yet all her improvements were gone to waste as she has made it only as runner-up. She was robbed and I observed that there was a bias towards the winner. The show transformed her into a real model. I know that she'll make it farther than that wind-tunnel girl.

Allison's best photo (cycle 12)


The show has made her more famous. She had a one of the biggest fan-base in all ANTM contestant. Being one of the most famous on the show, ANTM decided to give her a second chance on ANTM: All Stars. I was happy to know of it. I thought to myself that it's about time to claim what was truly hers in the first place. It would prove that she is cream of the crop.

Learning from her previous experience on the show, she consistently made her way to the top. Here she showed her star power early as contrasted to cycle 12. She even had first call-out in the music video week. But like from her cycle events turned around. In the later part of the show she slipped her way down. Luckily she made her way through the final three together with Angelea Preston and Lisa D'Amato. I was hoping that she will win this time.

Allison's Underwater (without Tyra and Keenan)

There were already rumors that Angelea was disqualified. I didn't believe at first. When it was confirmed I exalted for joy. One down, one to go. I was intrigued by the issue and started to research on it. I was shocked that she was disqualified for revealing that she won prior to its air on TV. It means that Allison was suppose to be runner-up again, therefore losing twice. But my faith in her did not falter.

I watched the newly taped finale as I kept my fingers crossed, hoping that Allison will win after the third try. Sad to say, she made it only as runner-up AGAIN. Bummer! She lost for the third time. Winner or not, she's still the true winner of my heart. Not to mention the best runner-up in ANTM history!

No comments:

Post a Comment