Translate

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I Love Origami

It was during high school when I started to love to the art of paper folding: origami. My grandfather actually introduced it to me when I was younger. He showed me how to make the most famous origami crane. I was still too naive to comprehend all the necessary folding in creating one. I did appreciate it especially with how this simple paper craft can make its wings flap through pulling its tail.



As said earlier, my love for origami started with a school project. We were to
submit at least five different origami figures. In order to do so I bought an origami booklet. Being very logical, I find it easy to follow the instructions. I liked what I was doing so I continued to fold more papers even after having created five works. When I submitted my project, I got a high grade for having done something different and more complex than that of the others. Everyone on our class were having this origami craze which ended a few weeks later. With the craze gone, I still did origami during my pasttime.

Seeing how fun it was, I bought more booklets and did more origami. I was enthusiastic of it and it seemed as if some of the paper folding were seeping into my memory. I remembered every single detail in creating each and every origami in my booklets.

But now I quite forgot how to create majority of the origami figures. Yet some of the simplest I do recall its procedure such as the rabbit.



The most complex that I can create based on my memory was the very first origami that I knew of: the crane. It does have some sentimental value attached to it.

Even with the very few memorized origami that I can do, I can still follow origami instructions and end up with an almost perfect creation. When I open my origami booklets, I can remember quite a few instructions in making one figure after another.



At present I do random origami figures , especially animals, when I feel bored or am waiting for something or someone. Obviously I will be needing paper (usually a perfect square paper) to do it. As long as I have paper of any kind such as receipts, handed leaflets, scratch paper, table napkins, etc. I can do origami.

I know that this skill in paper folding was bequeathed to me by my late grandfather. I can say that I have genetically inherited and nurtured it further. If it wasn't for him I would not be able to discover my skill and love in paper folding, origami.

No comments:

Post a Comment