Translate

Friday, August 17, 2012

If You Can't Keep A Secret...

Does anybody know of the song "Secret" by The Pierces? I'm sure those who watch Pretty Little Liars know of this. The song does fit in the show. I bet the song is playing on your mind while reading this.


I brought about this topic because of a particular line of the said song that bothers me. Actually it wasn't me who thought of it, someone asked me of what I think of:

because two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.




I didn't know what to answer. She said that it doesn't make sense. Moreover, with one of them left he/she could still reveal the secret to others. In the end the question was left unanswered.

I have dug up this question because I already have the answer to it. I was able to analyze further on this mystery when the song came randomly in my mind. I have come up with numerous theories and a new line to be replaced with it. Referring ideas from complicated plots in TV shows and movies helped me too.

If you examine the line it hides a secret message. It is more of an implied death threat.

Literally, of course one would shut up is his/her companion is dead. Most especially if killed for the prevention of spreading a certain secret. Also, fear of getting killed next would silence the person left. The line should be changed for its message to be explicit. And it will be:

if you can't keep a secret then you might as well be dead.

Creepy yet straight to the point. And that is what you call a death threat!



By the way please don't tell this to anyone, this is a secret...

No comments:

Post a Comment