Translate

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Biggest Revelation Yet: Part I

This is a true story based on my life. I may not narrate all the details vividly as it still has some bearing on me. Nevertheless, I will try my best to write only the truth, no more no less. I advise those faint of the heart to discontinue reading. Reader discretion is advised.

I was in my first year in high school. I barely knew anyone except my classmates whom I've known since grade school, who were also enrolled in that school. I was very timid during that year. It was my other classmates who welcomed me into their company. In general, they were all accommodating and friendly. Despite of, I still haven't moved on from previous schooling. I was having a hard time adjusting this kind of life. For me it was very sudden.

Being faint-hearted I was easily manipulated by others. But I didn't let it get me rather used it to my advantage. Through this, I was able to be more open to my fellow classmates. If they tease me, in some small way, I retaliate with my own harsh words. All these were made for fun only, no pun intended. At the end of the day we're all still friends.

Of all my classmates, there was this very persistent bully whom I will never forget. He wasn't even the biggest nor strongest in class. Not even was he the richest nor most influential. I don't know how but he did make an impact in the course of my life.

If my memory is right, it all happened in the middle of the school year. We were seatmates, I was at his right, and he didn't even care at all. He'd rather talk to my seatmate on the right. I would always get caught in between their chat. They would sometimes make fun of me. I wouldn't mind at all, I makes me feel my existence within their bond.

From my view point, we've turned from mere classmates to friends. What I didn't know that as we got a tighter bond he was slowly unveiling his exploitative behavior. He used me for his own advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment