Translate

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Outgrowing your Parents

Who says you can't grow taller than your parents? Well, I just did outgrow them. My mother is only as high as my shoulder and my father is approximately 5"2'. I am 5"4 1/2" and still growing. I can feel that I'm still growing. Every time I
wake up my legs hurt be it from sleeping or afternoon naps. And they hurt worse at night. I've learned of this from an internet article claiming that legs that hurt, most especially at night, are signs of bone growth.

There are things to consider in cases like this. One theory is genetics. Our parents might be carriers of tall genes. If you know your genetics, carriers usually don't exhibit the traits and will pass them to their child, that is if conditions are met.

I know that my father's lineage is composed of tall and skinny ancestors as exhibited by my grandfather, uncles, and cousins.

Another, our parents might have had poor nourishment in their growing years. 

My auntie said that during their time, nutrition was limited. They can rarely drink nutritious milk nor eat healthy food. Vitamin supplements were not yet made or accessible to all. Having this condition, chances of growing at optimum is low.

In this era, food is unlimited, that is if you have the money. Not just food but healthy and nutritious ones. Food supplements such as growth boosters are also available in drugstores.

I already stopped taking my growth food supplements since they caused me more pain in the making. One with CGF (Chlorella Growth Factor) would cause me hyperacidity. The other one, which contains an HGH (Human Growth Hormone) releaser, caused me a great deal of drastic unfavorable changes: excessive sweating, uncontrollable body temperature change, smelly underarm, mood swings, uncontrollable sex drive, and short temper. I know it's because of its direct effect on the hypothalamus specifically the pituitary gland. Despite of my discontinuity, it permanently left me with the said effects.

I am planning on buying another kind of growth supplement, one with the growth cream. The cream is claimed to aid in growing your leg bones (tibia and fibula) if spread on. It must be used only at night. It will cause discomfort on the legs too. I'll give it a try and watch it take effect on me.

I will not give up in growing until I reach my quota (as stated in my previous post). If that doesn't happen I will have to undergo a more painful yet more effective way of growing taller: Ilizarov technique. It's available for medical purposes only not vanity procedures in our country. But it is offered in Russia for those who want to be models!

No comments:

Post a Comment