Translate

Friday, September 28, 2012

How I Fixed iOS 6 Update Problem

For iPhone users out there, it was such a thrill to know that iOS 6 was finally released. It does have some few enhancements on your iPhone when updated with. The problem is, I did encounter a great problem while updating. Good thing something saved me from this turmoil that I was in.


I too was eager to update my phone. I tried updating through wifi but connection in our area is so unstable that I wasn't able to do it. Until iTunes suggested to update it when I plugged my phone, so i did. I tried to download iOS 6 and update my phone. It was a failure. I tried many times but something won't let me. 

I resorted to downloading the update only. I said that it might work, at least I can manually update my phone after it has been downloaded. During that time internet was very strong and my download was finished in just an hour or so.

My phone was plugged into iTunes while I was playing Battle Nations when suddenly my phone turned off. I thought I drained my battery, but I was charging too. It was just the update. I waited  for over minutes. When my phone was 75% complete (as shown in the form of a silver bar) it suddenly turned off. And iTunes prompted a message saying that an unexpected error occurred. I was dismayed and tried to do it again. My phone was in recovery mode and I was already nervous that I might have done something wrong. I was prompted to recover my phone and all data is said to be erased. I had no choice, I clicked on it. Everything was going smoothly and after almost the 75% mark, my phone turned off. I plugged and unplugged and updated over again. I was sweating beads and I had so many speculations. I even had the idea of returning my phone as it may be damaged (i do have a one-year warranty).

I researched on my problem but none seem to have helped me. I read that many who attempted to update to iOS 6 ended with the same problem that I had. This stupid update might have bugs. It might intend to have your iPhone be in recovery mode first before allowing to be updated.

I was losing hope and decided to return my phone on Monday. I was lucky that a mere incident has helped me solve this loop. iTunes reminded me that two of my apps have updates. While doing the recovery and update of my phone, I also downloaded the app updates. In the end my phone was resurrected and updated, thanks to the simultaneous download of app update on iTunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment