Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2013

You Can Choose to be Happy on Valentine's

Did you know that Valentine's Day, like Christmas, is a Catholic holiday celebrated for St. Valentine. Both holidays nowadays have been made into a non-catholic worldwide event hence its true essence is obscured by the superficial ideals of it.


So it would be right to say that only Catholics should celebrate on February 14. I learned of this from my Muslim friend when she clarified my thoughts on this subject matter.

Now that I am an atheist, by choice, I can say that I am not obliged to celebrate this event. Moreover, having a date for Valentine's is such nonsense craze that many would like to be in with the crowd. I may sound bitter, obviously am, but you know that I have hammered down important points. Also, I am trying to discard unnecessary emotions that might get in the way of my passion in the sciences.

Don't worry if you don't have a date for today, there are many of us who are in the same boat. You need not to be sad about it, you can be happy despite of being single. Happiness is a choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment