Translate

Friday, February 1, 2013

Googling for the Best Google Replacement

No wonder I almost get no obscene results when I browse on Google. They disabled turning off of SafeSearch. I was like...


My very own Seriously GIF


According to The Verge, not all of Google's international sites have been updated of this madness (more info here). I've tried google.de Google's German site and it's true, they aren't updated yet. Eventually, all of Google will be "child-friendly". So better make the most of it before that happens.

To comfort myself, I said I can still use Yahoo!... But I'm  not used to it and Google is simpler and more user-friendly, in my opinion. 



Yahoo! search

I know there are other search engines. I am living under a rock for years that's why I don't know search engines other than Yahoo! that is also quite similar to Google.

I'm now trying Bing and getting familiar with it. It does have "related searches" function that is similar with Yahoo! Though handy, still it's annoying!



Bing search

Are there more search engines? I prefer those simple like Google. Guess I'll have to Google for them... What do you think would be the best Google replacement?

No comments:

Post a Comment