Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blast From the Past

The Grammy's have recently concluded. I congratulate all the winners, you deserve it (even if I don't really know your music).

Anyway, this year was quite a shock since some notable newsmakers were absent during the awards night. Of which were Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez, etc. The event was a subtle one and it was kind of boring. Yet it was best without nuisances. 


The music industry, in general, today has been very crappy. All autotune, no talent just pure nonsense and visual orgasm. I remember those good old days when music was made from, by, and for the heart. I suddenly got this nostalgic feeling of the 90's where music was not about fame, fortune, etc..

To cope with such distress, I revisited some music videos of the past. One of my favorites is Sweet Soul Revue, a shibuya-kei performed by Pizzicato Five.



The music video gives me memories of my youthful years. The lyrics and the song is cute and catchy. I even made it my ringtone. I was saddened when I heard that they disbanded at 2001.

Up to now, I prefer Japanese music over their western counterpart. I also like anime theme songs. How I wish that the music of the 90's would be reborn in this decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment