Translate

Monday, June 4, 2012

Caterpillar Bit Me

Ever since I was a child I took care of caterpillars. I wanted to see them undergo metamorphosis and emerge as butterflies. All of the caterpillars that I took care developed into butterflies yet had wing defects, their wings never fully stretched out. I later on decided to leave these caterpillars to where they belong, for nature can take care of them better than me.



According to recent discoveries of GeoJournal, there exists a carnivorous caterpillar in Hawaii.


When I knew of this I remembered  the time when I tried to catch a small, thin, and green caterpillar. Believe me or not, I was bitten by it. For years of rearing caterpillars, none of them bit me. This may be impossible since I am not from Hawaii but i swear that I was bitten by the same caterpillar on the video. This caterpillar must be of the same species or a distant relative of the same genus.

No comments:

Post a Comment