Translate

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Shinning Stars

I have watched three reality shows in spring. Two of which are singing competitions and the other is a modeling one. I watch these shows because I feel like I am a "unique" singer and a "vertically-challenged" model.


American Idol, probably the most popular singing competition on earth. They try to find that single idol who has what it takes to make it big in the music industry. America gets to vote for their favorites and the judges don't get to choose who to eliminate.  

On American Idol Season 11, the one who caught my attention was Jessica Sanchez. She may be young but she has the a wide vocal range. My favorite performance during her stay on the contest is "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston


Sad that she only made it as runner-up, she was so close to winning it. I don't blame America for liking "White Guys with Guitars", I think that she deserved the title for being able to sing with such power. Well, good luck to Jessica on her career, I hope and I am sure that she will make it bigger than the winner in years to come.

The other singing competition on my watch list is The Voice (US). A new singing competition, now on its second season, with a more unique format. Its Blind Auditions make it interesting as the judges try to base their judgement on the artist solely on singing prowess. Also, the  four judges form a team of their own artists and compete with each other. You can even vote for your favorite artist even if you are not from America!

While watching this show, a talented singer with a unique singing voice and style made it into my favorites: Charlotte Sometimes. Ever since I watched her Blind Audition I was already her fan. Her rendition of "Apologize" by One Republic was very unique and flawless. All four of the judges turned their seats to convince her to be on their respective team.


Sure she is hands down "The Voice", but America didn't like her as much as I did. She was one of the first to get eliminated at the live rounds. I know that she will make it far if she will pursue her dreams. Good luck to you Charlotte!

Yes, America's Next Top Model is the modeling contest that I watched from cycle 1 to 18. Its title clearly says it all, no need for me to describe it.

On its new cycle (18), seven British models from previous Britain's Next Top Model (non-winners) are to compete against seven American model aspirants. It was something interesting to watch since the British are very adorable especially Sophie Sumner.

My favorite photo of Sophie :)

Finally, of the three shows that I watched my bet won! She deserves to win because she has an amazing portfolio and a stunning walk. I know that she will make it in the modeling industry just like what the Chinese Astrologer read on her fortune on episode 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment