Translate

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Keratin or Brazilian Blowout?

After 2 years of having Keratin Blowout/Blowdry (KB), I have finally tried Brazilian Blowout/Blowdry (BB). If you're wondering what took me so long to have undergone this hair treatment, it's not about decisions nor the price rather the availability of the treatment. Brazilian Blowout was only introduced in our city on last quarter of 2014. When I knew of this, I planned on having the treatment as a Christmas gift for myself.


When December came I scouted for a salon that offered it at a reasonable price. All those that offered BB were located far from the heart of downtown. Yet they had similar (Christmas discounted) prices with a difference of a penny or two. One salon, though located near the city, offered it at a minimum price of about 70% more than others; and the price increases entirely depending on the hair length and volume. Furthermore their employees were a bit snobbish and condescending, quite a turnoff. Anyway, I chose another nearby salon. The funny thing was that they had a Halloween promo (had been offering discounted services since Halloween 2014) in which BB was included.

So how has my hair been after the treatment? My hair has never been this smooth in my entire life even smoother than my KB hair. Although it's too early to say this since it's been only a month but my BB hair seems to withstand my everyday shampooing better than my KB hair. On my KB my first shampooing made my hair a bit coarse. I had to wash my hair after every other day. Talk about not wetting your hair for three days for the treatment to work on your hair then it'll be coarse after a days shampoo. On the other hand, my BB hair incurred little to no damage after every shampooing. I didn't even have to condition my hair. The most amazing thing is that I don't have to comb my hair, it dries that way I want it to be (well my hair is short which may be another contributing factor).

But based on my experience, there have been a number of setbacks after having BB. A few weeks after the treatment, my scalp started to itch. I knew that it was dandruff. I had to change my shampoo to an anti-dandruff shampoo. The itching lessened but recurred every time I used conditioner. It didn't seem to be a problem with my rinsing since my hair just about four inches long and I rinse my hair generously. This problem never happened when I had KB. Well it may be a case to case basis, and it's too early to conclude that KB does generate dandruff. Another thing was that my hair isn't that straight as contrasted to when I had KB. I know that both treatments are meant to smoothen not straighten the hair but why was my hair straighter when it had KB. Hmm must be the hairstylist's "faulty" ironing that's been causing my hair to be not-so straight.

March will be my scheduled treatment. So if you ask me which one will I choose this coming March. Let me weigh things out here...



I now have in mind which treatment I prefer to have this coming March. 

So if I were to ask you which one will you choose: a short-lived smooth and shiny hair or a long-lasting shiny and smooth hair with an itchy scalp?

No comments:

Post a Comment