Translate

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Stressful Online Shopping

Have you ever shopped online for Christmas? If you're the type of person who wouldn't like to join in with the shopping crowd in malls and shops then online shopping is for you. It's more convenient and hassle-free.

But have you ever experienced having your items delivered delayed? Well I did for the first time. It was more stressful than Christmas shopping in town.


I bought a pair of shorts last December 12. If it wasn't for their promos I wouldn't waste my money on them, and besides the shorts were so adorable! It was my first time that I had it Cash on Delivery. I had to because my PayPal/Debit card was running low on funds. The following day I was notified via email that the item was shipped to our city already. I never had any problems with them, all the items I ordered arrived at my doorstep right on time. And if there were delays it would be a one day delay. Based on my experience (with at most three shoppings with them) whenever they sent me an email informing that the item has been shipped, it would arrive the day after, except for Sundays.

I was eager to receive the item as expected from their shipping promises of 1 to 3 days. On that day I tracked my order via their online tracking system. It said it is already in our city. Having known that, the more was I excited. Sundown still no item. I didn't expect them to deliver it by 6 PM so I thought that it was just delayed, tomorrow will be the day! For two days of waiting I barely took a nap as I was mindful of the motorcycles passing by, maybe one of them were delivering my order. I even had to cancel my trips to town just to wait for the courier. 

The following day I left the payment for the shorts at my neighbor knowing that she ordered from the same online shop. She might do me a favor of paying and receiving the item for me. I came home, my neighbor told me hers and my item weren't here yet. I got frustrated. I tracked the item and it gave me the same result. I was kind of bothered. Good thing they had an online customer service account on Twitter. I asked of the whereabouts of my order and told them of the tracking information I got. I patiently waited for a reply. Hours later I checked Twitter for notifications. They replied to a few customers except me. They were tweeted on the same hour and mine was even tweeted earlier. I was infuriated that they ignored my tweet. I flooded them with mentions. And guess what they replied to me the day after. 

Days passed, I continued tweeting to them about the item, it was actually a rant or complaint. It seemed futile because they were very selective with whom to reply to. So I sent them an email. Their customer service via email did reply. With this, I bombarded them with my complaints and pressured them to have it sent immediately. I also questioned them about their misleading tracking order system; my order was in fact still in transit to our city. The more was I enraged when my neighbor got a text message from them and received her item. What kind of service is that? We ordered at the same day but hers arrived first? So where was my item?

To cut the story short I got my order eight days after I ordered it. I didn't expect it to arrive last Monday because it was already 6 PM. But before 6 I sent them an email. I told them that my rage can't be bought by their cheap discount voucher. I also advised them to fix or abolish and create a new system. Lastly, I created a drama story to reinforce them lol. Then at exactly 6:41 PM the courier arrived. I didn't have the energy to nag at him so I got the payment, signed the papers, and got my item. I had to let it pass because I was tired of it, my rage died down after EIGHT days of waiting (not counting the two Sundays).

If there was one thing that I learned from this it would be: Never order at a budding online shop at peak dates especially if they are offering promos, discounts, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment