Translate

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Rubbery Pepper

About a month ago I ate at some Mexican restaurant. The menu was quite typical, with Nachos, Quesadilla, Tacos, etc. One thing caught my eye: Chiles Relleno. So I ordered it. They even had to ask the cook if the order was available. Yup it was available, so I waited.


When the order arrived I was shocked. I didn't expect it to be six bell peppers stuffed with something. I knew that "Relleno" means stuffed but I didn't expect it to be as Stuffed Peppers. I expected it to be some spicy taco. Of course it had to be Stuffed Peppers because Chiles = Pepper and Relleno = Stuffed. I even read its description on the menu but didn't process it thoroughly. What was I thnking?!



I inspected it. The bell peppers were stuffed with some cabbage strips, mayonnaise, chili, ground beef, cheese, raisins, etc. I cut one pepper into bite size, opened my mouth and chewed on it. It tasted good. Problem is I don't eat bell pepper! I chewed the rubbery bell pepper's skin. I was like gnawing on rubber! The bigger problem was swallowing it. The skin was too painful to swallow, they were hitting my throat. I had to chew the food better. God was this some sort of a punishment. In the end I finished it! My burp tasted like bell pepper even hours after.

No comments:

Post a Comment