Translate

Friday, October 24, 2014

Better Bowel Movement

Have you ever had problems in taking a dump? You know that moment when you take so much time sitting on the toilet straining.

I've had them before too. Whenever I eat too much I always have problems with my bowel movement. I always bleed especially when I have hard stools. I even feared that with this continuous event I might become anemic. Also harder stools added pain and hemorrhoids to my collection. But now I've been defecating with ease, no bleeding even with hard stools!

So how did I solve it? I'll let you into one of my secrets.

I tried drinking ample amounts of water in a day, thanks to my Plant Nanny app. I also resolved to eating oatmeal, a fiber rich food, almost everyday. I wasn't fond of eating it but I forced myself, cramming it down my throat. There was a noticeable change, I defecated only once a day. Yet the problem subsists.

My next attempts were incorporating vegetables in my meals. They were of great help but my schedule of pooing became very unpredictable. The more vegetables I ate in a meal the more likely was I to visit the toilet.

For a week now I was eating mostly seafood most especially fish. It wasn't part of my diet plan, I just didn't have much to eat. I noticed that spite of my uber carb loading my stool just flowed smoothly. There were times when I felt that my stools were too much for my ass to handle. I strained a wee bit and the little devil went off to the bottom of the loo. I always turn to look if I bled after straining. But this time not even a single drop of blood was found.

Now I know that the key to a healthy bowel movement is fish! I don't know much about what fish have but I do know that they have omega-3 fatty acids (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a dietician). These kind of fats are said to be good for the body especially for the heart. And it seems that it also has some positive effects on bowel movement (based on my experience).

I've also noticed that ever since I minimized my red meat (pork and beef) intake my bowels were a lot better. Do you know of any food that might help too?

No comments:

Post a Comment