Translate

Friday, July 3, 2015

One Mess of a Hair

I had a plan that before June ends I would have my hair dyed platinum blond. I insisted with my plan and ended up with a dreaded hair.

I bought a platinum blond shampoo dye. I applied it by myself as instructed by the label. From time to time, I was looking at the mirror and noted that there were only minimal changes. After rinsing off the shampoo I became frustrated with the result. My hair turned one shade lighter not even near blond. But I saw underneath them my newly growing hair has drastically become light blond. 


The following day, I bought a platinum blond dye. I waited for a week to give my hair some rest. After a week I had my cousin dye my hair. This time I was confident that I would get the hair color that I want. What happened was a lot worse. All my baby hair underneath turned blond with an almost orange tinge. Starting two inches from the roots, the upper layers of my hair did turn orangey blond. But the others remained dark. After a days of trying to accept my new look I realized that my hair looked tiger-inspired: dark color with streaks of orange. The real problem was that my hair wasn't as shiny and straight as before. It obviously was damaged from the dye jobs. Only the darker parts of my hair remained smooth and a bit shiny. I did learn (from my experience) that hair that has undergone Brazilian blowout is resistant to hair dyes. That's because that treatment infuses hair with keratin and reinforces it. Accordingly, Brazilian blowout can be done even after a dye job. Since I had Brazilian blowout last April then maybe it's about time to have the treatment (the treatment lasts for three to four months) after dyeing!

I knew that I needed to seek professional help with my mess of a hair. I scheduled an appointment at the salon with some arrangements on having a Brazilian blowout after the dye job. Needless to say, they had to rub it in my face my hair mess. When that day came there were major changes. The hairstylist said that they couldn't give me a platinum blond hair with all the damage my hair has taken. Furthermore, they had to use an (fifty percent more) expensive dye on my hair. I had no choice but to agree to their terms. But I warned them that they should get it right else... I'll go berserk. Why wouldn't I? They had to make me pay more than what was agreed then I get crappy results? And guess what, after waiting for four hours I still was disappointed. My hair color never evened out, the two tones were evident. I let them slip because I knew that this would eventually happen. But I should give them credit for lightening my dark hair and for the near platinum blond hair color, underneath that is. And even after the Brazilian blowout, my hair was never the same as before: smooth and shiny. I had a hunch that the treatment was done half-heartedly because it was getting late; they don't have the luxury of time to do it fully or properly. The hairstylist confidently declared that I come back a month after to have my hair platinum blond. Sounds fishy... Isn't the hair dye not going to penetrate a newly Brazilian blowout hair? Even they themselves have experienced firsthand the resistance of my Brazilian blowdry hair on their "premium" hair dye, as seen by my two-tone hair color result.

Later on I inspected that the ends of my dark hair were coarse. I was mad. Seriously, wasn't Brazilian blowout suppose to make my hair smooth and straight? I came back for a follow-up on my hair two days later. I had the coarse and dry ends trimmed. The hairstylist suggested for an appointment to have my hair treated (I don't remember what it was called) a month after, if I had time. Hmmm that sounded suspicious. So it seems that they did have to sabotage my hair so that I come back for another treatment. Seriously, how low can these con-artists go? With that I promised myself to never come back to them even for a haircut! I did find a salon that offers a cheaper Brazilian blowout, I might have to check that out. But first I should fix my hair color... or maybe not anymore.

When July came my hair was a mess! Now my hair is two-tone more like light brown with highlights. And shampoos always make my hair hard. Even applying conditioners and hot oil treatments don't work as much as before. It's as if they never did the Brazilian blowout on me. 

I wonder, when will I ever have my platinum blond hair? When that time comes I will take a photo and share it here... with matching platinum blond eyebrows!

No comments:

Post a Comment