Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Modified Mr. Spock Hairstyle

Last December I had my hair done the way I wanted it: Mr. Spock Hairstyle. Yes, I am more than satisfied with my hair as it has undergone permanent blowdry (aka Brazilian Keratin Treatment) and I have the most unique hairstyle in our town today.

To be honest, I was quite shocked that the hairstylist has "butchered" my hair but I just kept it to myself. Instead of a straight full bangs on my forehead, he made me look like a heart wearing a wig. The permanent blowdry that I had was the main reason why I was delighted with my hair. I just can't help but smile since my hair was vibrant and lustrous, even up to now.


Yes, I have a wide crown and a narrow chin.


Days after, I embraced my new look. I was fiercer than before, my brows and eyes are highlighted. People stared at me, some even giggled, while some were amazed. I took in all that was positive and blocked all the negativity that they had against my hairstyle.

I didn't care all the mockery thrown at me. It was when some saleslady indirectly described my hairstyle as Angry Birds that I lost my cool. I even cursed her when I left, well indirectly too. 

I felt like it was an insult for comparing my hair with those birds. None of the birds even have hair that is same as mine. That bitch might have seen my resemblance with the video game characters since they are always angry and their thick brows almost form a V-shape just like the tip of my bangs.

I also had the same comment with another polite saleslady. Followed by a remark that I am a trendsetter. That one I was flattered, so I smiled in return as a sign of thanks.

A month after, my hair especially on the ears was already long so I came back to the hairstylist to have my haircut. I told him that I want the same hairstyle he did on me. I really love it knowing that I standout with this hairstyle.

Just this Monday while I was surfing the internet I stumbled upon something very interesting. I found out that I was not the only one having this hairstyle. Korean actor, Ahn Jae Wook, had a similar one as mine in "I Love You", a Korean drama. I laughed knowing that some actor had it before (or up to now? I don't know, I'm not his fan).


photo from K-What?!?

I guess I'm starting to have the same hair above since my permanent blowdry is slowly fading (it's said to last for a maximum of 3 months), hence changing the flow of my hair. 

Hmmm... I was wondering, what hairstyle would I get next after I get tired of this one? I bet I can handle any kind except for a skinhead... it flaunts the flatness of my occiput!

No comments:

Post a Comment