Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

How to Make an Improvised Steamer

It's hard living alone and barely having cooking appliances. Having said, the only one I own is an electric kettle which I bought several months ago. Obviously, this appliance makes me hot water which I use in making hot drinks and instant meals.


I was faced with a dilemma weeks ago. I wanted to heat the steamed buns I bought earlier. But I only have an electric kettle. This gave me a brilliant idea, I could make an improvised steamer with just hot water from this contraption. Aside from that, all you need are the following:

  • Big bowl
  • Small bowl
  • Plate



small bowl inside big bowl

Instructions:

1. Pour hot water inside the big bowl. Make sure it's enough to make steam and not too much that the small bowl might be submerged.

2. Place desired food in small bowl then place it inside big bowl with hot water.



3. Cover big bowl with plate.

4. Wait for minutes until food is hot.

So there you have it, an improvised steamer! All you need is some imagination and ingenuity to make things possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment